Take It On is a movement to end the stigma of mental illness. In order to stop this negative stigma we need your help. My name is Arianna Munoz and I am a senior in High school this year. I have dealt with forms of anxiety and depression and have learned a thing or two about mental health. Of these things I have learned, comes an unsettling truth. One in five teenagers in America deal with some form of mental illness. Suicide is the third leading cause of death in teens. Why aren’t we talking about something that affects us on a day to day bases. I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to be another statistic. We need to find a way to end the stigma that surrounds mental illness. Here are a few ways you can help.
Ways to show your support
- Post a picture of yourself with black face paint on your cheeks to show you are standing up against the stigma. Then tag five other people to do the same. Use the hashtag #TAKEITON
- Follow us on social media and help us form a community
- Share your story or even some advice for others who need courage to get through a rough patch in their lives. This is a safe place.
- Share our short films, photography, and articles to people you think need it.
- Share YOUR short films, photography, and articles with us! We’d love to see the things you create
- Become an ambassador at your school. Contact the email in the section Contact Us for more information.
- Be there for someone who needs it. Smile. Keep moving forward even when you think you can’t.
Remember that your feelings are valid. You are not alone.